Country Manager - Training & Coaching
MzN International is a social enterprise, passionate about Doing Good, but convinced that it can be done Better. We think that humanitarian and development actors should be sustainably financed, professionally run, transparent and fully accountable – so that they can operate efficiently and deliver effective services to communities worldwide. With more than 100 staff and consultants in over 22 countries, we provide advisory and capacity building services to (I)NGOs, IOs, local governments and community representatives with the aim to improve their output and increase their impact.
One of our teams is the Training and Coaching team, in charge of smoothly and successfully running our open and tailored training courses across the world. Our currently most successful and sought after course is the “Business Development and Proposal Writing” course. In addition, we offer Financial Management, Impact Evaluation, and soon to come Project Management and Humanitarian Management & Leadership courses.
MAIN OBJECTIVE OF THE ROLE
The Country Manager will lead all Training and Coaching activities in the Country (see below) and focus in particular on promoting of our training courses. The aim of this role is to successfully attract participants to our open training courses.
SECONDARY OBJECTIVE OF THE ROLE
In addition to the main objective of this role, the Country Manager will
- Network and represent MzN International in the country and give information about all our services to interested parties
- Make recommendations as to the needs and ideal timing of training courses in Country
- Inform MzN International colleagues in London, Dubai and Hamburg about suitable bidding and collaboration opportunities
- Provide support necessary to professionally manage course logistics and other administrative support to participants during the booking process for the individual course.
- Be responsible for the promotion and partner communication for MzN Internationals’ training schemes
- Act as focal point for participants preparing to attend courses. This including:
- Processing of training course participant registration, assisting participants in logistical arrangements
- Support MzN International staff with the logistics on the training venue management
- Assist with logistical support including printing materials for training etc. in country.
- Assist MzN International in broadening its (I)NGO, civil society and (local) government network in the respective country.
- Keep MzN headquarters updated with the current situation in-country, so as to continuously improve of MzN Internationals’ training offering
- Preform other duties as required
We are looking for Country Mangers in the following countries:
- Afghanistan (whole country)
- Iraq (whole country)
- Myanmar (Burma) (Yangon)
- Thailand (Bangkok)
- Turkey (South Turkey)
- Jordan (Amman)
- Lebanon (Beirut)
- Kenya (Nairobi)
- Nigeria (Abuja and Lagos)
- Somalia (Hargeisa)
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Extensive experience and network in the development-and aid sector within the region
- A dedicated networker, with an open-minded and friendly attitude
- Excellent communication skills
- A results-driven, business-oriented professional, passionate about MzN International’s mission, with eye for detail and quality.
The Representative will be contracted first as a freelance consultant and later as an employee. The deliverable of the post holder are:
- Sufficient participants are fully registered (application accepted and fee paid) to the respective Open Training
- The Open Trainings are successfully implemented
- MzN International and the training programme are well known in the respective country
This position is salaried and commission remunerated. During the introduction phase (six to nine month, depending on country) this position will be remunerated based on a competitive, success-dependant commission. Following this phase, a competitive, monthly salary will be paid in addition to the commission. Together, these two elements represent a very competitive, incentive driven remuneration.