You: an energetic, personable and motivated professional proposal writer, with superb customer service skills, a tolerance for short-term, pressured work and keen to change the development and aid sector.
Us: A young social enterprise. We think that development and aid should be done better and with clients and partners at almost all major NGOs and donors worldwide, we work to make it happen.
If you, like us, think that the development and aid sector is often too slow and not professional enough, then we love to hear from you. MzN International works to make doing good better by delivering professional services to UN, NGOs, governmental agencies and development contractors. We work as a social enterprise, prioritising results, working across disciples and connecting knowledge, capacity and great ideas with each other.
You'll find MzN International a young, entrepreneurial, flexible place, where you are in charge of your own career. If you want to develop a particular project or learn a new skill, then you can just do it - we will support you! You will also work with and constantly learn from committed colleagues and partners and help us in making doing good, better!
We are looking for a new team member on our small, rapidly growing ,Non-Profit Consulting Team.
The Non-Profit Consulting Team
, supports (amongst other services) all major INGOs and development contractors in the development and aid sector worldwide with proposal writing services. We help our partner organisation write the best proposal possible,mainly to institutional donors such as the European Union, DFID, USAID, GIZ & KfW as well as foundations and private sector organisations.
Other Duties & Aspects
- We offer resource mobilisation, change consulting, organisational development, financial and training services to INGOs and governmental institutions, increasingly via development contractors. You will support our partners with writing high quality proposals on various themes, often remotely from our Hamburg office, sometimes in country.
- We grew a lot these past few years, and we are not done yet! To increase our disruptive impact in the development & aid sector, we have an ambitious growth strategy, especially in regards to the UK and EU aid funded organisations. You can help us write quality proposals, put the right teams together and network with donors, NGOs and development contractors.
- Professionals at Oxfam, DFID, Gates Foundation and more than 50 other partners work with us to make a difference. They are not just our clients, but partners. You can help by being personable, providing solutions and providing great customer service.
- We are a young, dynamic company, growing fast and we have a modern, e-based infrastructure with a networked operating model. Careers here move rather quickly.
- No bureaucracy here: you’ll get the tools you need, the support we can give – and do your work!
Skills & Experience you need
- Where time allows, you will work with your MzN colleagues in London and Hamburg to identify MzN tendering opportunities and managing bids. Your should expect to travel internationally up to 20% of your work time.
- Sometimes we use networked consultants to write bids. You will quality assure all major written outputs from consultants in line with our established quality criteria.
- Where time allows, you can help the social media Executive to get the word out by co-developing content for publications.
- Be in charge of a complete proposal production process with a partner (or for MzN).
- Work with the finance administrator to deal with all financial aspects of the work (invoicing, purchases).
What we offer
- Be an impatient optimist and demand excellent quality, from your colleagues and partners and yourself. Be keen to improve the development & humanitarian sector to create a better world
- Excellent proposal writing abilities (in English)
- Current and deep knowledge of institutional donor's processes, trends and systems
- Excellent organisation and customer service skills
- Astute commercial awareness and a keen willingness to grow the organisation and our impact
- Systematic, well organised manager of your own workload
- Relevant degree (undergraduate or postgraduate)
- A keen interest to develop a long term career in the development and aid sector and activity search self-development opportunities (we will always support them!)
- Ability to think out of the box
You will be based in our new office in Hamburg, Germany. You will be paid a competitive salary based on your experience, plus access to a comprehensive training scheme. We also provide free language training in the office (starting in Autumn 17). The contract is limited to 2 years, including 6 months probation period, and we aim to make this a permanent contract. We offer a maximum of flexibility as to work times and holiday times to suit your preferences.